To change the background
- From the Start screen, swipe in from the right edge of the screen and then tap “Settings.”
- Select “Personalize,” and then select the Background, Background Color, and Accent Color of your choice. The background and accent colors you choose will show up in a few other places too, like the charms and the sign-in screen.
To see your Desktop background on Start screen
You can use your Desktop background picture as the background on your Start screen. Start will update automatically whenever the Desktop background changes.
- From the Desktop screen, open Start by swiping in from the right edge of the screen and tapping Start.
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap “Settings.”
- Select “Personalize,” and then tap or click the preview of your desktop background.