When encountering “Certificate Error” while attempting to set up your e-mail account through the pre-installed email app and/or web browser, please follow the steps below:
- From the home screen, click on “Settings” -> “Security” -> “Credential Storage”.
- “Trusted credentials” and “Install from SD card” should be lit up. “Clear credentials” should be dimmed.
- If “Clear credentials” is lit up, please click it to remove all certificates. It should then be dimmed.
- If the problem persists, and you encounter “Certificate Error, check date and time,” go to “Settings” -> “Date / time” to change your time zone, date and time.
- At this point, we also suggest going into 1Mobile Market to download the specific app for your e-mail account, such as Yahoo! Mail or Hotmail.